Transitioning Active Duty Servicemembers (Army, Marine Corps, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard, and Space Force) – Any transitioning active-duty service member who will transition from military service to the civilian workforce in the next 6 months with an “honorable” discharge status.
Veterans – Any veteran who has already separated or retired from the military with at least 180 days of active-duty service and an “honorable” discharge status.
National Guard and Reserves – currently in part-time status. If the service member is on active duty in the National Guard or Reserves, they will be subject to the active-duty eligibility as stated above.
A completed application package, to include:
1. Completed Questionnaire
3. Personal Statement
4. Completed background check
5. One letter of recommendation
The writer should include the following:
1. Name and title
2. Their contact information
3. Relationship to the applicant
4.Why they feel the applicant would be a good candidate for the program
5. Their experience in working with the applicant
6. IF TRANSITIONING SERVICEMEMBER, please upload one of the following (DARKEN SSN):
1. Service member record brief;
2. A copy of your enlistment contract; or
3. Current orders.
7. IF A VETERAN, please upload:
1. Your current DD-214 Member-4 Form, including service dates and discharge status; or
2. VA Summary of Veterans Benefits, including service dates.
Selection will be based on a ‘whole-person’ concept, with a particular focus on an assessment of potential to excel both in the program and upon graduating from the Working Warrior program in the areas of instruction.
PLEASE NOTE: Working Warrior Foundation does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, consideration of program participants, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
FURTHER, disclosure of demographic information, including service-connected disabilities, in no way affects the organization’s consideration of the applicant. Disclosure is required to prepare for reasonable accommodations for the service member or veteran.
Please note: Applications cannot be saved. Only completed applications will be considered.